On 16th November 2013, the College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies (www.cbttherapies.org.uk) is holding a one day Workshop on Anxiety in CCBT Bath. In this workshop, you will learn a session by session Hypnotherapy approach, based on evidenced therapeutic models like Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Mindfulness.
Beverley Harper, Lecturer and CBH Therapist at CCBT, explains that “It is estimated that over 7 million people in the UK are suffering from anxiety and anxiety disorders. This figure comes from the people who have visited their GPs about it, many suffer in silence or use drugs or alcohol to try and manage the disturbing symptoms.”
Anxiety comes in various guises and this Workshop will look at how to help people manage their symptoms with Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy.
The Workshop takes place in Central Bath . Registration is at 9:30am, start at 10:00am, finish at 5:00pm. To book call 020 7034 7049 or use the online booking form on the right of your screen.
You will learn:
- The most common types of Anxiety Disorders
- How to make a clinical assessment
- The difference between Anxiety and Concern
- How thinking affects symptoms
- The most common beliefs that underpin anxiety
- The role of discomfort disturbance
- The role of ego disturbance
- How to use Mindfulness to press the pause button
- How to use hypnosis to change thoughts and beliefs
- Using Anxiety assessments
- A session by session approach
COST & BOOKING INFO: £85, includes tea, coffee and biscuits. Call 020 7034 7049 or use the online booking form on the right of your screen. Places are limited, and allocated on a first come, first served basis.
The workshop will be run by Beverley Harper, who is a practising Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapist and Lecturer for CCBT. She has an MSc in RECBT from Goldsmiths College, University of London and runs private practices in Central and Southwest London. She is also a CBT therapist at The Priory Hospital Roehampton.