Join us at our next free online taster session on 6 May 2021 to find out all about training to become an accredited CBT / REBT therapist with us.
Starting out on a new career path can be a daunting proposition, so we understand the importance of finding out as much as you can before getting underway.
That’s why we are hosting one of our regular taster sessions from 5.30pm on Thursday 6 May. These free sessions are designed to introduce you to the team here at the College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies and explain the services we provide and the training pathway to accreditation.
The evening will cover the basics of Rational Emotional Behavioural Therapy (REBT), the model of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy that we follow.
What is REBT?
At its core is the idea of ‘emotional responsibility’, and that we are disturbed not by events, but by the views we hold about them. REBT also believes that irrational, unrealistic and unhelpful believes about ourselves, others or the world around us sit at the core of our disturbances, and sets out to identify and replace them with rational, realistic and helpful beliefs instead. You can read more about REBT, Albert Ellis and our philosophy here
Our route to accreditation
As well as learning about our philosophical approach to CBT, you’ll also learn all about the courses available to get you to your new profession. Here at CCBT we provide a route into counselling whatever your levels of experience, from absolute beginner to the more experienced.
These courses include:
- Counselling Skills & Ethics: this covers the basics of becoming a counsellor for those with little or no experience.
- Diploma in CBT / REBT: this explains and explores the structure, therapeutic framework and CBT/REBT skills necessary to progress to an accredited counsellor.
- Advanced Diploma in CBT / REBT: here you will learn the application of REBT for specific issues, and begin your therapeutic practice, applying the specialised techniques and protocols you learn along the way.
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative CBT/REBT I: this course integrates other concepts within the REBT framework and introduces you to complementary disciplines such as Solution Focused Therapy, Schema Therapy, Quantum Psychology and more to allow you to become a more rounded practitioner.
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative CBT/REBT I!: this course introduces you to Psychodynamic Theories and protocols such as Inner Child Therapy, Parts Therapy, hypnotic theories and phenomena. Hypnosis training is included on this Advanced Diploma.
Read more about all of these courses here
So if you are thinking of a change in career, or looking to bolster your skillset, we’d love to meet you on 6 May (if only via Zoom!).
To book your spot, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.