For those individuals with little or no formal training in counselling skills, our Basic Counselling Skills and Ethics Courses are designed to give you the opportunity to advance your knowledge and gain the skills you need for entry onto our Diploma in CBT/REBT.
Formal training in basic counselling skills and ethics is the minimum requirement for anyone applying onto our Diploma in CBT/REBT.
For those with no formal training in basic counselling skills, we offer
- Basic Counselling Skills and Ethics Attendance Based Learning. This course is held over 2 consecutive weekends and is taught at Regent’s University, Central London by our team of highly experienced lecturers, using a combination of lectures, demonstrations and group work. If this is the course for you, check the course dates and then simply go to the payment option, click on Counselling Skills and Ethics Attendance Based Learning and make your payment. Once your payment is processed you will receive confirmation of registration. Click here for course dates.
- This course has been given Quality Checked recognition by the National Counselling and Psychotherapy Society (NCPS). This course alone is not a route to the Accredited Register, nor does it fully equip a participant to practice as a qualified practitioner or refer to themselves as ‘a specialist’ in the subject matter unless they have other qualifications/training to support this.
For those with previous qualifications but wishing to refresh their basic counselling skills, we offer:
- Basic Counselling Skills and Ethics Blended Learning. This course combines home study and 2 Online Tutorials with a designated tutor. You can start this course at any time during the year. If this is the course for you, simply go to the payment option, click on Basic Counselling Skills and Ethics Blended Learning and make your payment. Once your payment is processed you will be sent the course materials and contact details of your designated tutor.
On both of the above two courses you will learn:
- The Basic Structure of a Counselling Session
- The 3 stage Counselling Model
- Specific Counselling skills and techniques
- Ethics and Practice Guidelines.
There are no specific academic requirements for these courses. The CCBT philosophy is that life experience and other skills are valid. On completion of either of these courses you will be eligible to apply onto our Diploma in CBT/REBT and can take the first steps towards starting a new career as an accredited therapist. Please note that acceptance onto the Diploma in CBT/REBT is subject to an interview.
Counselling Skills and Ethics Courses at a glance
- No Specific Academic requirements
- Choice of attendance based learning or blended learning
- Eligible for application onto the Diploma in CBT/REBT on completion
- Certificate in Basic Counselling Skills and Ethics is awarded on completion
Please read our Payment Terms before you pay for either of these courses. Please call us on 020 8674 1233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before you purchase one of the above two courses to ensure you are booked on the correct course.